Anyone who is over 18 years of age and a resident or citizen of the United States of America, the UK, or Canada (excluding Ontario) can invest in companies through Spaced Ventures.
If you meet these conditions as a US resident, you qualify to be an investor on Spaced Ventures:
- You are a U.S. citizen (living anywhere) or resident (aka green card holder)
- You have a U.S. address and a Social Security Number that can be associated with your identity verification information
- You have a U.S. bank account (only applies to an ACH payment method) *We also accept VISA/Mastercard credit card payments and wire transfers.
- Must reside within an eligible region and attest that you are abiding by your local jurisdiction's securities and investment regulations.
- Can only use credit card or wire payment methods (cannot use ACH)*
- If paying with wire transfer, you will be required to pay a $35 wire fee (this covers the cost the payment provider charges for wire). If paying with credit card, you will be charged a processing fee of 3.75% on top of your investment amount.
- Must have your own investment minimums for individuals and entities that is set by the issuer (possibly higher minimums for non-US investors)**
- May face AML and Identity Verification issues more often
* All funds on the platform are shown in US dollars. All investments are made in US dollars, so there will be a conversion on credit card statements.
** It is up to each issuer to decide whether or not they want to accept investments from non-US residents.
While regulations do not specifically prohibit Spaced Ventures from accepting investors from other countries, we have several reasons including operational overhead, compliance burdens, and technical issues that keep our small team from being able to support international investors at this time.
In the future, residents of other countries will also be eligible to invest. You can enter your contact information here to be notified when we open up to other international investors.